As early as 1998, HRworks developed a web-based business software for the cloud. Ever since, HRworks has been among the market leaders for software as a service solution for the full range of HR topics, such as personnel administration, applicant management, travel-expense accounting, time management and corporate benefits in Germany. More than 1300 customers such as Kyocera, Honda, Helly Hansen, Tom Tailor or SEAT rely on HRworks every day.
The main goal of this thesis is to transfer our current frameworks, based on Visual Age Smalltalk, into the Pharo Smalltalk environment. As a part of that, you will identify the common base of our code in Visual Age and Pharo plus develop a core layer which is usable by both languages.
● research of already existing compatibility layers
● developing a compatibility layer for: HTTP server Visual Age Smalltalk SST and Pharo Zinc, in addition to that also usable for OpenSSL
● generating import/export mechanism for the common base of our code
● adapting and transferring backend frameworks: Base Extensions like Date, Time, Country, JSON and similar, Google APIs, OAuth, CrowdIn Multi Language, HTML
● working with Amazon Web Services: S3, DynamoDB, DynamoDB Object Persistence, SQS, EC2, SES and similar as well as the frameworks Bootstrap and Metronic
What do we expect from you?
● You are studying informatics, computer science or similar
● You have good practical knowledge in Pharo
● You enjoy programming
● You can spend six months full-time on the thesis in Freiburg, Germany
What can we offer you?
● An open, motivated and efficient team that enjoys working together
● Working on an unique application architecture
● Optimal working conditions, such as an open-space concept with free choice of workplaces, staff rooms, electrically height-adjustable tables
● Free fruits, drinks and as much coffee as you need